Selenite is a crystalline variety of the mineral gypsum. It is a very soft mineral which can be easily scratched with a fingernail and therefore not recommended for jewellery. If placed in water, Selenite will revert to gypsum.
Another wonderful property of Selenite is that it has the gentle ability to cleanse and clear other healing crystals and stones of negative energies. You do not “need” to cleanse or recharge your Selenite crystal, as you need to do with many other healing stones, but I do “cleanse” mine. I use vibrational sound to cleanse all my healing crystals and stones. My Tibetan Bowl or my frame drum are perfect.
Selenite is excellent for meditation, and it encourages a peaceful environment when stones are placed around the home.
WOW what a specimen of clear Selenite in this RedDirt Rock Hounds Video with Aaron Van Dorn. I am lucky enough to have some wonderful pieces from him. Met him last year at Park Hills, MO Rock Swap. He is one of the nicest most genuine people you will ever meet. See my Facebook page SubtleBodyWorks for recent news about Aaron. You can check out some auctions for some mighty fine minerals to help him and his family out. The dog in the picture is Wanderer, his wonder dog.
- Quickly opens balances and activates any chakra and is especial good with the third eye, crown chakra, and the soul star chakra above the head. It’s the most powerful clearing stone for the upper chakras.
- Cleanses the aura.
- Clears all blockages in the energy field.
- Ideal for purification and energetic cleansing, which makes it a perfect tool for healers.
- Directs high frequency energy into the body, stimulating spiritual, physical and emotional healing.
- Opens the inner self to the spiritual world.
- Magnifies the energy of what ever is placed on it many times over (including other crystals).
- Adds positive intentions into the energy body.